Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Funky Junk

I'm loving the "Would You Buy It" blog party at Junker Newbie.  If you haven't checked it out, stop by, it's alot fun to see what everyone is buying and to also find out what everyone thinks of your purchase.  So, here's my latest junk purchase...when I saw it, I knew I had to have it.



Would you buy it?  Can you guess what it is?  And, any guesses as to what I am using it for?  The transformation was simple...I gave it a good cleaning with hot soapy water, making sure not to scrub any of the patina off,  and then I simply added a candle.  I love it, but would really love to hear what you think!



Oh yeah...it's a "jack"!  Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!
Lesa

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lesa,
    I just passed on the Kreativ Blogger Award to you - details in my last post (http://prettycitythings.blogspot.com/2011/06/kreativ-blogger-award-yo.html). Still love your blog! :)
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Never seen one of those before and had no idea what it was. The candle on top is perfect!

    thanks for linking up at my party :-)

    http://junkernewbie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the patina. That is a very clever repurposing.
    - Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is fantastic - I love how the clean up alone made such a difference.

    thanks for visiting my blog and for leaving me a comment.

    I bookmarked your site and will be back to see more of your brilliant ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! I love it! I just found an old gas line cover in the road, cleaned it and I'm using it for a candle holder too... I love yours!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Furniture is what turns your house into a home.We are running our Furnitures over 25 years and we are one of the leading wooden carved bed

    ReplyDelete